Wednesday, September 4, 2013

half acre daisy cutter pale ale

This past weekend we took a trip to Chicago for a friend's wedding and took the opportunity to sample some of the cities beers. Our first stop was the Half Acre Tap Room. I won't talk about the space or atmosphere, because I didn't take any photo's. Trust me when I say that it is really nicely designed and has a very good vibe. I did sample some of their special release beers while there, including the Mikkeller collaboration 'Guest Lager' and the 3 Floyds collaboration IPA 'Anicca'. They were both awesome, but the photo's were terrible. I did pick up some beer to bring home, this one, Daisy Cutter Pale Ale and a special release IPA called 'Beer Hates Astronauts'.
Daisy Cutter has a lot of citrus and a grassy hop aroma. Some malt is present in the aroma and taste, but it's a much more hop forward beer that has a really nice dryness and touch of bitterness in the finish. This is a perfect everyday beer and I wish I could get regularly. It's without a doubt one of the best pale ale's I've had the pleasure of trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment